Domanda is Outlook or Gmail more secure

Stato
Discussione chiusa ad ulteriori risposte.

MrRaffus

Utente Iron
8 Febbraio 2023
hello i have an enquiry is outlook or gmail more secure? privacy?

also, which is faster?

i look forward to your reply thank you

Hi,
both are very safe and fast, but it also depends on what you mean by "safe".
The only good thing about gmail is that it gets updated more often

For more privacy on both you should encrypt your emails

CIAO,
entrambi sono molto sicuri e veloci, ma dipende anche da cosa intendi per "sicuro".
L'unica cosa positiva di Gmail è che viene aggiornato più spesso

Per una maggiore privacy su entrambi, dovresti crittografare le tue e-mail
as security I mean antispam filter ''anticheat'' in emails end-to-end encryption is there a difference between the 2 services? for this?
Messaggio unito automaticamente:

Hi,
both are very safe and fast, but it also depends on what you mean by "safe".
The only good thing about gmail is that it gets updated more often

For more privacy on both you should encrypt your emails
if i should choose an e-mail service for computer security in general concerning all types of parameters which one should i choose is there a better one?

I found Gmail being better at detecting fraud based artifacts. I have 2 outlook accounts and both of them are full of spam in the inbox, so yes I would defenetively get a time machine to choose Gmail over Outlook.

Yes, I recently opened a Gmail account to have better experience on the Youtube platform and I never found spam or fraud artifacts in my Gmail inbox. Their spam filter is very good if compared to Outlook.

Yes, I recently opened a Gmail account to have better experience on the Youtube platform and I never found spam or fraud artifacts in my Gmail inbox. Their spam filter is very good if compared to Outlook.
besides spam filtering in general to the point of privacy and always security but on the account so encryption-end-to-end things like that? always gmail is the best?

(also, if I buy microsoft 365 say they improve security on outlook that is? what changes are better than gmail?

If you want the best performance regarding privacy you must open a Protonmail account, they have the best encryption system. Their 'free' plan is good already, and if you want more security and feature you must buy one of their premium plans.

If you want the best performance regarding privacy you must open a Protonmail account, they have the best encryption system. Their 'free' plan is good already, and if you want more security and feature you must buy one of their premium plans.
I would also switch to protonmail but it doesn't give me the reliability of a long-term company, if you know what I mean. google (gmail) is very unlikely and almost impossible to fail. protonmail is a blade of grass compared to google or outlook.

(if in case an email company should fail what happens to my email?)

If the email domain expires (i.e. not being paid anymore by the owning company) then mails won't be dispatched: new ones will come back to the sender with an error message, you can still have an offline copy of old ones if you used an IMAP mail client such as Thunderbird or outlook desktop.

However protonmail isn't about to fail anytime soon, it's a good mailbox and they get more than enough funding through paid plans and donations.

Emails are known to be not so privacy-friendly, whichever provider you choose always think that your provider can read mail contents at any moment*. End-to-end encryption is possible for emails issued by the same provider. If your goal is to verify full authenticity, confidentiality and integrity of the message content then consider to use classical emails with GPG encrypted content.

*They actually do: more than once google and microsoft were caught parsing incoming emails with AI for a lot of purposes like serving more targeted ads, parse flight/train tickets, hotel bookings... Of course only to "provide a nice summary of your trip on your cloud mail calendar" :asd:

If the email domain expires (i.e. not being paid anymore by the owning company) then mails won't be dispatched: new ones will come back to the sender with an error message, you can still have an offline copy of old ones if you used an IMAP mail client such as Thunderbird or outlook desktop.

However protonmail isn't about to fail anytime soon, it's a good mailbox and they get more than enough funding through paid plans and donations.

Emails are known to be not so privacy-friendly, whichever provider you choose always think that your provider can read mail contents at any moment*. End-to-end encryption is possible for emails issued by the same provider. If your goal is to verify full authenticity, confidentiality and integrity of the message content then consider to use classical emails with GPG encrypted content.

*They actually do: more than once google and microsoft were caught parsing incoming emails with AI for a lot of purposes like serving more targeted ads, parse flight/train tickets, hotel bookings... Of course only to "provide a nice summary of your trip on your cloud mail calendar" :asd:
Yes, but there is only one thing that stops me, that is, the company is small compared to google or outlook I would feel safer using google or outlook if I now make me an email of protonmail and its for 10 years that is a lot, this company goes bankrupt I have 120,000 million things recorded on that email I should then change to all 120,000 sites the email?

There is virtually no difference between outlook and gmail. Your deciding factor should be the user interface of the web client and the app.

protonmail is a blade of grass compared to google or outlook.
A blade of grass is quite a stretch. We are talking about emails and it doesn't take much to be reliable. Stuff like Libero and Virgilio (two small italian providers) are much older than gmail and outlook but they are still rocking no problem. Even if their original company doesn't exist anymore users never had to worry about expired domains or anything like that. It can happen, but if you are talking about protonmail I wouldn't worry about it.

privacy and always security but on the account so encryption-end-to-end things like that?
Forget about it. The email protocol is fundamentally flawed and providers claiming to offer privacy, security and end-to-end encryption are full of shit; protonmail and tutanota included, although they at least try... and try to sell it as such. Thankfully, most of the time privacy and security is not essential so, even if security would be nice, it's not a tragedy if someone tracks you. When you really need privacy and security you'd be better relying on a different service and find the most appropriate way to establish a secure channel that both ends are willing to trust.

Also, if you are talking spam filters forget about privacy altogether. The whole idea of a spam filter is to have a software that reads your email and decide what belongs to the pile of junk and what is interesting. If it doesn't read your emails it can do that, but if it reads your email you have no privacy.

• Mi piace
Reazioni: JunkCoder
There is virtually no difference between outlook and gmail. Your deciding factor should be the user interface of the web client and the app.

A blade of grass is quite a stretch. We are talking about emails and it doesn't take much to be reliable. Stuff like Libero and Virgilio (two small italian providers) are much older than gmail and outlook but they are still rocking no problem. Even if their original company doesn't exist anymore users never had to worry about expired domains or anything like that. It can happen, but if you are talking about protonmail I wouldn't worry about it.

Forget about it. The email protocol is fundamentally flawed and providers claiming to offer privacy, security and end-to-end encryption are full of shit; protonmail and tutanota included, although they at least try... and try to sell it as such. Thankfully, most of the time privacy and security is not essential so, even if security would be nice, it's not a tragedy if someone tracks you. When you really need privacy and security you'd be better relying on a different service and find the most appropriate way to establish a secure channel that both ends are willing to trust.

Also, if you are talking spam filters forget about privacy altogether. The whole idea of a spam filter is to have a software that reads your email and decide what belongs to the pile of junk and what is interesting. If it doesn't read your emails it can do that, but if it reads your email you have no privacy.
Yes, but there's only one thing stopping me, that is the company is small compared to google or outlook I would feel safer using google or outlook if I did a protonmail now and it's for 10 years that's a lot , this company goes bankrupt I have 120,000 million things registered on that email Should I then switch to all 120,000 sites the email?

Yes, but there's only one thing stopping me, that is the company is small compared to google or outlook I would feel safer using google or outlook if I did a protonmail now and it's for 10 years that's a lot , this company goes bankrupt I have 120,000 million things registered on that email Should I then switch to all 120,000 sites the email?
Virgilio and Libero (the two providers I cited above) are almost 30 years old and they are small italian providers. Unless you are picking something like @cock.li I wouldn't worry about reliability: 10 years is nothing, protonmail is 8 years old already and if they lose interest in their email service (which is not gonna happen anytime soon) they will sell it to somebody else. Anyway, read my message again, I did not tell you that protonmail is that much better than gmail.
Pick whatever, they are pretty much all the same in terms of what you are asking.

About email: I always suggest to buy your own domain (~$12/y), so you can easily switch between different email provider.

Stato
Discussione chiusa ad ulteriori risposte.